Thursday 10 May 2012

G´day Sydney!

Australia! Just realised that until now my blog was 2 continents behind! Woops! Anyway, the flight over was kind of weird in that it was a quantus flight but it was with jetstar. I was kind of pissed about that as qauntas flights you get free food and drink but jetstar is a budget airline that ou have to pay for everything. So I sat in my seat then a hoastes came over and said "peter macmillan?" and I thought I was in trouble! But she was just giving me the special quantas style treatment so I got free shit like an inflatable neck pillow, blanket, eye mask, breakfast etc while everyone sat around me got fuck all!

Arrived in Sydney and grabbed a taxi to Rhi´s house. It was great to see her again and we had a nice catch up chat before she had to head off to work. So I caught up on some sleep and chilled for the day until she finished work. Grabbed a train into town to meet up and off we went to the harbour to get some culture. It was weird being somewhere so clean where everyone spoke English, modern cars, and bloody expensive! I had a kangaroo steak which was delish then checked out the operah house and harbour bridge for some touristic (tee hee) photos.

Hmmm, what else did I do in Sydney? Really should't let my blog get this far behind! Oh, took a ferry to the zoo which was good fun. Nice to see some aussie wildlife in all it's glory and even more nice to go to a zoo where I actually felt the animals where content being there. Compared to the zoo I went to in China it was the ritz! Still don't like seeing natural preditors like lions and cheetas in cages but animals like Kawalas and monkeys seemed happy as larry. Whilst we where there we also had a talk on spiders which was really interesting. So there are basically 3 spiders that you should be warry of; Red back, white tail and funnel web. The scaryiest looking spider is the huntsman but it's actually harmless! It was funny to hear that there hasn't been a death as a result of a spider bite in 33 years and yet everyone is scared shitless of them! The main cause of death or injury as a result of spiders is from people jumping out of moving cars because they see a spider!

Whilst I was in Sydney I also hit the main beaches, Bondi, Manly and Coogee. Bondi was a boob fest but other than that not great because it was so busy. Coogee and Manly where much 'nicer' although I'm still not quite sure what constitutes a nice beach! They're really strict on surfing and swimming areas on the beaches which I guess is a good thing. In fact, they're really strict on everything in Australia compared to Asia.

Ok, Gunna rap this up cus there's not a lot more else to write about sydney.

I'll write more on my melbourne activities soon.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment